Terms & Conditions
1. Estimates are based on the information provided by the client and include call out fee, labour, and parking. Once the work has commenced the final price will be determined depending on the engineer’s findings. i.e., if more time is needed or extra materials are required. In this case, an engineer will notify the client before the work is carried out.
2. Work that is estimated at £500 and over will require a deposit of 10-20% which must be paid in advance of the start of work. Work that is over £2000 will be split in to three payments, Deposit, Midway payment, and final payment.
3. Payment is to be made upon completion of the work; this can be made via BACS payments or cash. We do not accept cheques.
4. Clients must be available on the day of completion to check over the work and to make payment for the work. Claims made after the visit will be addressed individually. Residents/tenants must ensure that any issues arising from the work carried out are reported within 24 hours. We do not hold liability for personal belongings in any properties if not moved or checked by the owners/tenants.
5. Any invoices that are issued must be paid within the timescale specified on the invoice. Any part of the invoice that remains unpaid will incur a charge of £25 per month until the invoice is paid or - Further failure to pay will result in court action, in which the customer will be liable for the costs. The customer shall be liable to pay all costs, fees, disbursements, and charges including legal fees and costs reasonably incurred by the client in the recovery of any unpaid invoices regardless of the value of the claim.
6. All certificates relating to testing work will be issued within 7 working days of payment being received. Certificates can be issued sooner upon request depending on payment. Notifications to building control are made via the online service on your behalf.
7. Work is guaranteed for 12 months only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work that has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed. The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Materials supplied by us will also be covered for 12 months. Parts will not be exchanged if damage is caused by the client.
8. If you require further work to be carried out after the quoted work is complete, you must settle the current invoice before any additional work can be carried out.
9. Parking is either to be provided by the client or will be charge at the local daily rate. Clients are also liable to pay congestion charge at the current rate if the property is within the congestion charge zone.
10. Estimated arrival time slots are given when bookings are confirmed. You will be given a time slot usually within an hour depending on the previous job and traffic. If an engineer is going to be late, we will notify you as soon as possible to arrange the next available time slot. If you cancel within the 24-hour period before your time slot, you will be charged a call out fee that will be included in your estimate.
11. It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure any furniture and valuables are removed from the area that the work is being carried out. We do not take any responsibility for any damages or lose in the property if we are required to assist in moving furniture.
12. Pricing is set depending on location and the job itself. Half days are charged for up to 4 hours, day rate covers from 4 hours up to 8 hours.
13. We do not tolerate any abuse towards our staff, and we reserve the right to refuse/ cancel any work that has been agreed on this basis.
14. Estimates are valid for 3 Months, any changes made by the client when the work is carried out may be subject to additional fees.
15. Our prices are determined based on the job. No two jobs are the same. We always try to offer the lowest price possible.
16. If the customer feels the work is taking too long or has exceeded their budget, they must let the engineer know so they can make the work safe and advise the office that they are leaving the property.
By accepting an estimate or booking an appointment you agree to our terms and conditions.
The director has the right determine any further terms not listed above.